Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Repeed Offender




Some family photos with the boy who loves to pee on walls.  For those of you who think he's crying, think again.  He's only yawning because he's bored, reminding me that children hate family photo time.  Whenever my own father prompted me to dress up on a Saturday morning triggered the dread of driving to Oliver Mills in Kidder Street Plaza on the outskirts of Wilkes-Barre.  The backgrounds -- one could choose fake library or fake woods -- would quickly retract like window blinds as our photographer tried to capture our family in our natural setting.

The whole process felt like eternity times two.  Earlier this evening, our friend, Kristen, reminded me it is only 36 days to Christmas.  Children throughout the country are already counting down the days, hunting for hidden presents, unable to wait for the big day.  (One of the awful dilemmas I experienced as a child was if I should or shouldn't peek at a present.  Of course I did.  What was worse was my constant returning to my parents' closet to make certain MY gifts still remained, even tearing at the corner to confirm the present I wanted most remained in their closet and wasn' returned.)  When you're a kid; time works against you.  Well, George Allen, you're 4 weeks this Friday, an entire month.  I promise to not drag you off to a photo studio for photos, but I cannot promise grandparents won't do it either.

No comments: